Drupal for Managers
Drupal for Managers is a one day course designed for managers who are working with Drupal and need an overview of the software and the implementation process. The course is suitable for project managers needing to understand the Drupal development process to better manage their development team or for managers in any organisation managing a Drupal development project or comissioning an implementation from an outside agency.
The course has been designed by Steve Purkiss who has seven years experience of Drupal development and is a member of the Board of the Drupal Association in association with Redware Research Limited. The manager course is followed by a two-day site building course - Drupal for Everyone on 23-24 October 2012.
We will take you through the major features of Drupal so that you will understand content types and modules and the other building blocks that make up a Drupal website to better communicate with your implementation team. However we also focus on the design and implementation process covering how to 'Think Drupal' to take your requirements through the design process and into the functional specification of your Drupal website. We also look at the infrastructure required for development and issues you may encounter managing the technical insfrastructure when hosting your website.
We hold discussion sessions throughout the day and expect you to be in a position at the end of the day to understand the process of developing a website in Drupal from requirements through to hosting and be better able to communicate with your Drupal developers.
- Infrastucture - options for creating the technical infrastructure for your Drupal project.
- Strategy - roll your own Drupal, hire some developers or get an agency to build your site ?
- Drupal - understand the building blocks of Drupal including modules, themes, views and rules.
- Design - translating your requirements into a functional specfication and data modelling for content types.
- Resources - how many people do you need to develop a Drupal site ?
- Project Management - some tips and tricks to manage your Drupal project effectively.
The Drupal for Managers course take place over a single day and costs £395 plus VAT and is running on Monday October 22nd 2012 at the Lighthouse in Central Brighton. Freelancers and registered charities can take advantage of our reduced rate of £295 plus VAT.